ODT to TeX converter
V0.0.13 - 2016-07-27 Simon Wilper
Plain C program that takes a ODT file and an output directory to write the tex file to.
This program is in early development stage. For changes see CHANGES.MD
- libzip for reading the contents.xml from the zipped ODT file
- expat for running the XML parse process
The build system used is plain make as it is still available on most platforms and I don’t want to talk people into installing a fancy one just to get turned this couple of source files turned into a binary.
To get the binary
odt2tex in the same directory as the Makefile type
then copy the binary odt2tex somewhere that is also in your PATH.
As a minimum you can run odt2tex with an input odt file an an out parameter pointing to a directory:
odt2tex in=testdoc.odt out=/home/jerry/documents/out
Other optional paremeters to tweak the output are:
- enc: TeX Encoding (defaults to UTF-8)
- lang: Language for Babel Hyphenation (defaults to en)
- captionoffset: Number of characters to strip from caption (0-128, default 2) This is due to as default the characters “: ” are inserted between the object type and the description like “Figue 2: Description”
- tablecolwidth: Table column Width (0-200, default 30)